Tempe police are on the lookout for suspects in at least
three residential burglaries and one attempted breakin
that occurred recently in an area bounded by Elliot
and Warner roads, Rural Road and River Parkway.
All were committed on Saturdays between 6 and 10
p.m., with entry being made in each case through the rear of
the homes. On two of the occasions, police said, there were
no signs of forced entry. No one was at home in any of the
A white truck was observed by a neighbor during one of
Police advise the following precautions:
• Lock all gates to your property;
• Report any suspicious vehicles, i.e., driving slow,
driving in the alley, parking nearby for an extended time;
• Watch and report any solicitor coming to the door.
Burglars often knock prior to entry;
• Make sure that, if you have a safe, it is bolted to the
• Secure all jewelry and secure it when not is use;
• Photograph all unique jewelry; record serial numbers
to electronics and laptops;
• Consider a motion detection light in your back yard;
• Start a Block Watch. Call 480-858-6343 for details;
• Keep doors, windows and garage doors closed;
• Consider a burglar alarm.
Free security inspections are available by calling
Det. Dan Brown at 480-858-6343.
Inspections take less than 20 minutes.